Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Working on my vintage look

So I love the vintage 1940s/50s look as well as the Rockabilly look and lately I have been crossing them over. Like last night I attended a Lindy hop dance here in Toronto and it was a "vintage theme" so dressing up was in order. Well in order in my world (I dress up wherever I go if possible). I decided to wear a fav brand of mine a "Trashy Diva" dress (which was very 1940s) and pair it with a mix of Rockabillly hair meets 1940s fake victory rolls (thanks for the tutorial Cherry Dollface). It was a minor success. My barrel roll still needs work (like hide the bobby pin) but it was not bad and I got lots of compliments on it. Practice makes perfect right? :) Well I hope to get the barrel roll down by Friday as I'm attending an event called "fake prom" here in Toronto and I'm wearing this cute 1950s dress and so the hair has to be perfect! Stay tuned.


No comments: