Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Not really Lindy Hop on DWTS last night


So I spent a full week SUPER excited about seeing Lindy Hop on Dancing with the Stars. I told all my friends to watch it, I cancelled my plans for the evening to sit down and watch 2 hours of pure fun.


What did I get??


Well I did get fun. Don't get me wrong, the night was great. The dancing was fun, the music was good and I did not regret the 2 hours I sat there.


Was it Lindy?


Not really. Not true, every day dancing Lindy.


I should of known when the head judge of Dancing with the Stars Len tells everyone that "lindy hop is a fast paced dance, done with lots of flicks, kicks and danced to Rock and Roll". Ummm that is the defination of the "Jive" Len NOT Lindy Hop. Great :P


Off we go....First routine is pretty good. Big on the aerials and low on the dancing (a theme we see all night). BUT this first couple actually does their research and go to a real Lindy dance and The attached Link takes you to the Dance Jam that was on dancing with the Stars (part of).




The rest were pretty much the same as the one before. The couple I did enjoy was Ty and Chelsea. That was a fun Lindy. Chelsea even did some swivels AND a couple of swing outs (basic Lindy moves, that should of been seen more last night). That made me excited.


So overall the evening was not a disappoitment just a bit of a let down. But I am happy that the name "lindy hop" is out to millions of people and maybe it will encourage more people to hit the dance floor.


No comments: